If you are an Empath this post is important for you to read, especially if you answer yes to the following…
Are you struggling to stay focused? Do you feel enraged by the injustices going on around you? Does it feel like you are forgetting who you are or losing your mind?
If you answered yes to any of those questions you are not alone. Many Empaths are experiencing a strong sense of confusion and separation from their true-self.
Because of the triggering chaos energy that is all around us. The media is stirring up so much hate and uncertainty that it is felt by everyone, but it is particularly troubling for the Empaths.
This energy is so potent it is difficult to keep it out of our heads and it becomes easy to forget ourselves.
You may worry that you are losing your mind, you can have a fuzzy brain, you might experience waves of anger or sadness, you could feel helpless or hopeless. It’s almost as if the mind has been hijacked and whilst we stay connected to the media, in all its shapes and forms, we will continue to struggle with these issues.
However, I do realise avoiding all media outlets is near impossible for many and therefore it is so important to do a daily reset…
Those who control the media want to control people’s minds. When something controls your mind it also controls your thoughts and your energy.
Bad news on all levels!
Social media’s very nature is designed to be addictive, to draw you in and keep you going back for more. It has the power to activate your dopamine levels and, because of this, your body and brain wants to go back for another hit.
You might think you are choosing to peruse online media outlets, but it is actually a reaction in your brain that is making the choice for you.
The fear mongering, used by the mainstream media, is often a tactic used to keep people controlled, distracted and divided. There is rarely any information shared that is uplifting, inspiring or ‘feel good’.
By keeping everyone preoccupied by negative political opinions, global disasters, wars, etc. it keeps everyone in a low vibrating space. These types of stories create anger and fear. All of which builds negative energy and conflict!
When conflicts arise, both in the media and out on the streets, a blanket of massively contagious, dark energy is produced. Which when at it’s worse is difficult to avoid, no matter how much you work on staying grounded and protected.
Negativity generates negativity.
Negative emotions are contagious and are subliminally taken on even by those who aren’t Sensitive. People then get swept along by the irrational moods being intentionally perpetuated by the media. They breed and feed. It is a type of gaslighting.
Wikipedia defines gaslighting as a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow the seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception and even sanity! By using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction and lying it attempts to destabilize the victims’ beliefs.
So yes, when the mainstream media is gaslighting it stirs up all kinds of malevolence, which the Empaths take on, often without realising. This dark energy can seep into your conscience without your knowing and can shape your opinions and beliefs. It catches you off guard. And because the populace is continuously fed more reasons to become fearful, infuriated or dissatisfied, and very little to feel positive and cheerful about, low-level energy continues to escalate.
Whether you pay attention to the propaganda stirred up by the media or not, you will still be affected by the emotional energy it produces. At times, the energy of which is so overwhelming, it can seep into your thoughts, even during sleep.
What can we do?
We must work hard to stay unplugged and in balance, otherwise we will get swept along with all the hysteria.
By doing a daily reset of mind, body and spirit it will help keep us vibrating in our higher energy and keep us protected. Here’s some ways to do that:
Daily Reset for Empaths
1. Get out in nature daily: Walk in woodlands or by the sea for at least 30 minutes a day. If you live in a city go to the park and stay near the trees (see this post to learn why it is so beneficial). If you live in a desert or have no access to sea air or dense greenery, the next best thing is a salt bath.
2. Meditate: Meditating is essential. Every day, we need to quieten the mind and clear it through meditation. Even if you do it for only 3 minutes it is more beneficial than not doing it at all. Use breathing exercises to calm your mind, then follow it with a mini meditation. A good one to use is focusing on your third eye (centre of forehead) and see it as a blank screen whilst listening to your breath. Learn the benefits of meditation for an Empath here.
3. Exercise: When you exercise your body releases endorphins which make you feel good. It not only keeps you physically fit but also works all the systems in your body and keeps you happier.
4. Avoid eating rubbish food: This isn’t so much as being part of a reset but more a way of being. Essential nevertheless. When you eat rubbish, you feel more rubbish and end up eating more rubbish. It’s a vicious cycle. Keep your food fresh and unprocessed. If you want to learn more about how certain foods impact your Empath life see here.
5. Watch/read uplifting material: We need to keep reminding ourselves of who we are and our true beliefs, otherwise we will be swamped by the fear-mongering opinions and hate that is spewed out by the media.
If you spend a lot of time on your laptop keep a link to an inspirational website or YouTube videos. Also try to limit your time on the internet. I know it is difficult, especially if you use the internet for work or if it is your way with connecting with others, but the longer you stay connected, the worse you will feel.
6. Tax your mind: Do crossword puzzles, Sudoku, learn poetry or a language, even for just ten minutes a day. Anything that keeps your mind positively stimulated and distracted from the gaslighting will help keep your brain empowered. It also helps in preventing your thoughts from going over to the dark side.
7. Drink lots of water: Drinking lots of water is so simple to do, but many of us forget.
Not only is water an elixir of youth, but it is incredible for keeping you grounded and ensuring your body and mind stays in perfect working order. This post explains just how amazing water is.
If you have any techniques that you find works for you, please feel free to share them in the comments below. Here are a couple of posts that offers ways to stay grounded and protected:
Hope this helps on your journey.
Until next time,