I hope this post finds you well, and everything is keeping well in your world.
I’ve been incredibly busy lately and not had time to write a post, which I’ve wanted to do for a while, to update you on what is happening energetically and how it could be affecting you. So today I’ve decided to drop everything else and address this important subject:
There has been a lot happening energetically. Huge shifts are bringing to the surface that which has long been buried, and it is causing many conflicts within people and activating painful emotions. As an Empath you may be feeling emotionally floored, angry, anxious or under attack by this energy.
You may also at times feel like you are out of body, observing life as it is going on around you, but not really feeling part of it. You may overhear conversations that seem so predictable and obvious that you wonder why others are having them. Or you may wonder why people can’t seem to jump off the hamster wheels they are so fervently spinning on. You stand by and watch helplessly as they run faster and faster, not allowing themselves to face the truths of themselves or of this world.
Everywhere people seem angry and preoccupied with issues or concerns. They are busy looking for ways to project this anger, which then fuels it further. This destructive energy then just builds and builds and becomes more overwhelming for those of us who are Sensitive.
When we are simply observing the madness going on around us, in a detached way, it does us no harm. But it is too easy to become embroiled in it all and thus take on emotional energy that does not belong to us. Because this energy is so powerful, our mind wants to search out a logical explanation and reason for it. Since the emotions mostly do not belong to us, and have not been caused by anything we are currently experiencing, the mind reaches into its database and brings up a memory that matches the emotion. If, for example, you had a disagreement with a friend or family member in the past where you felt betrayed or treated unjustly, you might find yourself festering over those memories; even though you have already forgiven those involved or let the situation go.
If, however, the mind cannot find a memory to attach the emotional energy to, it will look for something else to connect with. You may find yourself drawn into an injustice happening to a friend or family member. Or a political issue, that would not normally garner your attention, suddenly draws you in and winds you up.
As Empaths, when we absorb strong emotional energy belonging to another we can still be tricked into believing it is our own. No matter how aware or how much work we have done on ourselves, we can still be taken off guard by these recent potent energies.
This energy comes in waves. Sometimes it comes crashing down, other times it gradually rolls in and out.
Here are some common ways in which you might experience this shifting energy:
- Waking Up Vexed: This is a common theme. Waking up in the morning, or in the middle of the night, with your mind already focusing on some past injustice, that had not even been remotely on your mind. These memories take over your thoughts which then trigger emotional responses. Because you then start your day in a low mood, you tend to draw to you more situations that match this low mood energy and the darker your day becomes.
- Skin Outbreaks: You may have noticed sores, spots or other strange skin disruptions popping up in random places on your body. Inflamed, itchy skin patches, which you don’t ordinarily suffer with, may suddenly come and go. The force of this intense emotional energy disrupts the calm flow of energy through the body and can ignite strange skin outbreaks.
- Stomach Troubles: Emotional upset causes stomach imbalances and hyperacidity which often lead to some kind of stomach pain, discomfort or bloating.
- Disruptive Thought Patterns: Potent energy normally always induces repetitive thought patterns that are difficult to reign in, even if you generally have a calm, quiet mind.
- Feeling Under Attack: Those who have not worked on themselves, or who have gone through life acting in self-serving ways, are having issues coming up that they need to face. But instead of dealing with them, they often lash out at others instead. They project this energy out as blame. Some are so adamant of not facing their truth or inner-pain that they launch their anger onto another, attacking them verbally or mentally. If you are on the receiving end of this energy, it feels dreadful and will ignite similar feelings within.
What to Do
Because much of this emotional energy does not belong to us, it is not something we need to work on clearing. But we do need to be able to detach from the way it makes us feel. Whether emotional energy belongs to us or not, it will still cause the body harm if we allow it to ignite anger or painful emotions.
Here are some gentle ways to help you detach and let go of the overwhelming energy you may be being subjected to:
- Calm the senses: Taking a salt bath with essential oils, or listening to soft music that you find relaxing, will go a long way to calming your senses and easing distressful emotions. It is also a perfect way to end an emotionally busy day.
- Distraction: When your mind gets stuck in a destructive thought-battle, find a distraction. By distracting your mind, you withdraw your awareness and energy from the situation. This can help break the continuous looping thoughts that happen when being mentally attacked.
- Acceptance: Accept the energy does not belong to you and don’t try to fight it. Realizing that what you are experiencing is not your own, makes it so much easier to accept and then detach from.
- Nurture yourself: Eat well, lots of nutrient-rich foods to keep a strong immune system, exercise and get out in nature. Being outdoors and walking nature is one of the best ways to clear energy and reset. Lying on the grass under an indigo, star-filled sky is another perfect way to reset. If you cannot get outdoors, take yourself there in meditation. It works equally well.
- Forgiveness: Sounds cliché, I know, but when undergoing powerful negative emotions towards another it is harmful and imprisoning to us. Whatever the reason the emotions have been triggered by, it serves us (and them) to send forgiveness. Through forgiveness we become liberated.
Hope this helps you on your journey.
Until next time.