In recent years, there has been many shifts and changes with energy patterns. Anything to do with energy shifting will always affect the Empath in weird and wonderful ways. But it is how it impacts others that might disrupt life.
When there is any type of ‘shift,’ it usually brings to the surface anything buried, which often causes conflict, activates anger issues and finger-pointing.
If, as an Empath, you get emotionally floored, angry, anxious or feel under attack, with no real reason for it, it could simply be down to a shift.
When these shifts happen you may feel like you are out-of-body, observing life as it is going on around you but not really feeling part of it. You may overhear conversations that seem so predictable and obvious that you wonder why others are having them, or you may question why people can’t jump off the hamster wheels they are so fervently spinning on.
It might seem as though you are watching helplessly, from the side-lines, as others refuse to face the truths of themselves, or of this world, and everywhere people seem angry or preoccupied with ridiculous issues.
People are experiencing their ‘buried issues’, which come up during energy shifts, but are refusing to face them. Because of this, they may project what they are feeling on to political issues or lash out at family members or friends.
This destructive energy then builds and becomes more overwhelming for those of us who are Sensitive.
When observing the madness going on around us, in a detached way, it does us no harm. But it is too easy to become embroiled and thus take on emotional energy that does not belong to us.
Because this ‘disruptive energy’ is powerful, the mind wants a logical explanation for it. Even if the emotions we feel don’t belong to us, and haven’t been caused by anything we are currently experiencing, the mind will still reach into its database and bring up a memory that matches the emotion:
If, for example, you had a disagreement with a friend or family member in the past, where you felt betrayed or treated unjustly, you might find yourself festering over those memories; even though you have already forgiven those involved.
If the mind cannot find a memory to attach to an emotion, it will look for something else to connect with. You may find yourself drawn into an injustice happening to a friend or family member. A political issue, that would not normally garner your attention, suddenly draws you in and winds you up the wrong way. Or you may find an issue to fester on, that isn’t really an issue.
As Empaths, when we absorb strong emotional energy, belonging to another, we can be tricked into believing it is our own. No matter how aware or how much work we have done on ourselves, we can still be taken off guard by these potent energies
Here are some ways in which you might experience energy shifts:
1. Waking Up Vexed: This is a common theme. Waking up in the morning, or in the middle of the night, with your mind focused on some past injustice, that had not even been remotely on your mind (It is like psychic attack). These memories take over your thoughts which then trigger emotional responses. If you start your day in a low mood, you draw more situations that match this low energy and the darker your day becomes.
2. Skin Outbreaks: You may notice sores, spots or other strange skin disruptions popping up in random places on your body. Inflamed, itchy skin patches, which you don’t ordinarily suffer with, may suddenly come and go. The force of this intense emotional energy disrupts the calm flow of the body and can ignite strange skin outbreaks.
3. Stomach Troubles: Emotional upset causes stomach imbalances and hyperacidity, which may lead to stomach pain, discomfort or bloating or a change in bowel movements. You may also find yourself needing to eat more stodge or sugary foods.
4. Disruptive Thought Patterns: Potent energy easily induces repetitive thought patterns, that are difficult to reign in, even if you normally have a calm, quiet mind.
5. Feeling Under Attack: Those who have not worked on themselves, or who have gone through life acting in self-serving ways, are having issues coming up that they need to face. But instead of dealing with them, they often lash out at others. They project this energy out as blame. Some launch their anger on to another, attacking them verbally or mentally. If you are on the receiving end of this ‘attack energy’, it feels dark and dreadful and can ignite similar feelings within.
What to Do
If emotional energy does not belong to us, it is not something we need to work on – unless it is activating unresolved issues within. But we do need to clear it from our energy field and distract our mind. Whether emotional energy belongs to us or not, it will still cause the body harm if we allow it to ignite anger or painful emotions. (And remember, not all physical reactions are caused by energy shifts. Consult your health practitioner if you continue to suffer health issues.)
Here are some gentle ways to help you let go of overwhelming energy:
1. Calm the senses: Take a salt bath with essential oils, whilst listening to soft relaxing music. Salt is an incredible cleanser of negative energy. It is also a perfect way to end an emotionally busy day.
2. Distraction: When your mind gets stuck in destructive thoughts or if you feel like you have been unnecessarily attacked, find a distraction. By distracting your mind, you withdraw your awareness and energy from the situation.
3. Acceptance: Accept the energy does not belong to you and don’t fight it or try to figure out why it is happening.
Being outdoors and walking in nature is one of the best ways to clear energy and reset. Lying on the grass under an indigo star-filled sky is another perfect way to clear toxic energy. If you cannot get outdoors, take yourself there in meditation, it works equally well.
5. Forgiveness: Sounds cliché, I know, but being on the receiving end of negative emotions is harmful and imprisoning. Whatever the reason an emotion has been triggered by, it serves us (and them) to send forgiveness.
Until next time.