What is Your Empath Dosha Type?

 

pexels-photo-268092.jpeg

Empaths tend to be hardwired for learning and are often on the lookout for new ways to help them find balance. And by discovering your unique dosha type it could be that last piece of the puzzle you were looking for.

I have long been an advocate of the healing powers of yoga on the body and mind. So much so, I trained as a yoga teacher.

A part of my yoga teacher-training was devoted to the study of Ayurveda: an ancient healing practice and sister science to yoga, in which we discovered how our body constitutions, known as the doshas, affect our lives.

The meaning of Ayurveda roughly translates to ‘the science of life’. Its aim is to bring balance and health to both body and mind. This is achieved through various Ayurvedic methods. But one essential element is discovering what our dosha type is.

Each individual dosha type determines how and what we should eat, what type of exercise is more beneficial, it even determines our temperments and the emotions we are more prone to experience. Each of which can affect how we show up in the world as Empaths!zen

It is said we are all born with one basic constitution (dosha) which are known as either: Kapha, Pitta, or Vata.

80% of us are born with one primary dosha and the other 20% will have a dual-dosha or even tri-doshic type.

Dependant on your type will depend on what you experience in life and even what diet you should consume:

For example, a Kapha type who: 

  • Tends to be on the heavier side
  • Dislikes the cold
  • Puts weight on easily
  • Is sluggish
  • Can have oily skin
  • Suffers with excess mucus
  • Tends to be laid back 

A diet consisting of lower-fat, low-sugar, no-wheat products and plenty of spicy food is recommended.

Then for a Vata type who:

  • Tends to have dry skin,
  • Fluctuating energy levels,
  • Suffers an ever whirring, restless mind,
  • Is of slim build
  • Quick to anger 

A diet consisting of sweet, warm, moist and oily foods is recommended (not processed food though).

It goes against the grain of what  the Western world promotes, in that the same healthy diet is beneficial to all.

A food which is incredibly healthy  for one dosha type, may not be so good for another.

I have included a link further down for you to discover your own unique dosha type.

The three dosha's and the 5 great elements the...

So how does this information help an Empath?

Finding your dosha certainly won’t take away your Empath woes. But when we discover what is best for our individual doshas it is another step towards overall balance.

Empaths take on so much and can spend much of the time feeling exhausted just from dealing with external energy. But if we know that we have balanced our body, mind and spirit through eating, drinking and exercising according to our type it will make life easier and happier.

Also by finding your dosha type it will help you understand to which emotions you are more prone. Which will ultimately help you navigate your way through life! 

These days we can not afford to get ourselves any more out of balance than we already are. If we are not physically in shape and are not doing what is best for our type then it leaves us vulnerable.

ayurveda

On some days just putting one foot in front of another is a real effort and thinking about any kind of self-improvement is hard work, but if we find balance those days will be few and far between. We should not suffer unnecessarily. 

If you are keen to discover your dosha type you can visit:

Chopra Dosha Quiz A questionnaire which will determine which type you are.

Or

Banyan Botanicals

When answering the questions it is best to cast your mind back to late childhood and early adulthood, because this is when you were most likely your true dosha type: before you got imbalanced from a stressful lifestyle, wrong diet and exercise et-cetera.

There is a wealth of information on both websites about your dosha type and what foods to eat, or to avoid, to balance it/them. You can also discover how much exercise is beneficial to your type and whether eating your food hot or cold should be a consideration.

If you get chance, visit an Ayurvedic practitioner who will give you a reliable diagnosis of your dosha type.

Hope all is keeping amazing in your world! books for empath

Until next time.

Diane

©Diane Kathrine

 

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “What is Your Empath Dosha Type?

  1. Pingback: At A Glance: 30 Traits of an Empath | Just Be

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s